Thursday, July 14, 2011

Method 1 & 2

think that Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 are great technological tools that have the ability to connect people and their ideas in many different ways.  Users can publish through text, video and audio and share it with the world or with just a select group of friends.  The possibilities are endless and we are only limited by our imaginations.

I have an elementary school library.  I and my students are already using some of these tools in the library such as online browsing and using the library wiki to get book ideas.  I am also working on getting their book reviews on the wiki so that will be a further resource/connection for them.   I am also the webmaster for my school's website and for a separate library website.  These websites have a blog spot that I try to utilize, though I'm not that good with keeping up with it.  This year my district is moving to "the cloud", I am looking forward using it and being able to access things more easily.

As technologies change libraries and librarians will need to make changes inorder to stay relevant and to meet the needs of their clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment