Friday, July 22, 2011

method 10

I have embraced the wiki.  I began looking at wiki last year and at first was very intimidated by the blank page.  A couple of teachers on my campus were using them in their classrooms to display student work and as a place for students to comment on each others' work.  The library tech team for my district also created a wiki that is a store house for library info, lesson plans and a place for us all to put our ideas out there.  After seeing these different uses for a wiki, I decided to jump right in and created a wiki for my library where I house my schedule, lesson plans, book club information and various other things.  It is an open space that teachers can access to see what I am doing and I have linked it to my library website so that parents can also see what is going on in the library.  I haven't up-dated it since the summer began, but here is the link:

joslinlibrary.pbworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment