Friday, July 22, 2011

method 8

I do have a Facebook page that is private.  I have had students send friend requests, but I don't accept because I feel that there should be a line between my personal and professional lives.  Plus, I usually only accept friend request from people that I am truly friends with.

I have considered creating a professional page where I can friend students, but time is a big issue with that.

I can see some benefits for public or college libraries for using this type of network. However I really can't see its potential to my elementary school library, mainly because I am already responsible for 3 websites, as well as all of the regular library duties, there is only so much one person can do.  I feel that the information that I would put on this type of site is the same info that I am putting on the library website.

No comments:

Post a Comment