Thursday, July 21, 2011

method 5

Online photo sharing seems like it could be another way to stay in touch with friends and family.  I've used a photo share service through Kodak, but it is hard to navigate and to send pics through.  I really liked what I saw in flikr, it seems like it would be easy to navigate.  I really liked the ability to have control over who sees the photos.  I don't take many photos, so I'm not sure how much I would actually use this kind of site.

I can see myself using this service personally though not much professionally.  Since I work in an elementary school, there are many privacy issues regarding photos and where they are published.  As the school's webmaster and having a library website, I am very limited to which photos I can use on the sites.  Many parents do not want their kids pictures available to the public.  Sometimes its even hard to convince them to allow their child's picture to be used on a private classroom only wiki.  As a campus we are discussing these issues and trying to come up with some solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment